30 Gallons of beer in the house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BendBrewer

Reaction score
6 5-gallon batches. All in process

I had to go buy beer to drink last night. :mad:

That's awesome BB. I had 30 gallons but I've been drinking it. I'm now down to my last 5 gallons that was brewed on 12/5. Guess I need to stock up again!

Thanks. I brewed my first batch on January 16th and my first 3 batches are GONE.

nice man! I have 20 gallons conditioning and I have been drinking store bought too. I have a Big Cream Ale 5.5% that should be ready mid month as well as a Fat Tire clone. Then I have 2 different wheat beers, one honey and one Apricot that should be ready in April. I will be brewing up my first partial mash this weekend! I have a 5 gallon keg of 2 Below (New Belgium) in the kegerator ATM. I used to like it, but now it just turns me off. Kinda like Fat Tire but more nutty and malty. At 6.6% alcohol it just wears on you.

When you guys start throwing around this type of quantity it makes me wonder how much you guys drink on average. I usually have a single beer at night during the week and then on the weekends I'll have a couple if I'm doing chores and whatnot. Then there is the guy's night where I'll have five or six.

How much beer do you guys drink on an average night?

When you guys start throwing around this type of quantity it makes me wonder how much you guys drink on average. I usually have a single beer at night during the week and then on the weekends I'll have a couple if I'm doing chores and whatnot. Then there is the guy's night where I'll have five or six.

Including the 2 stops on my way home? I really don't want to do the math.

But between me and the little lady, a 6-pack a night at home is nothing.

I don't drink soda. It's either water or beer. My signature tells it all.

5'-11" 160 lbs.

I have 55 gallons going right now if you count apfelwein and hard lemonade and I will brew an IPA this week yet. I drink in an AVERAGE night 0 beers. I drink rarely. Almost never more than 2-3. I just really like making it!!

I'm similar to ohiosteve here.... If I was to average out my drinking over the entire year, it'd be less than two beers per day.... I enjoy the heck out of drinking it, but I enjoy brewing it even more...

I usually go for a six pack a night...and that depends on how I feel or what I am eating...sometimes a little less...mostly a little more...:-D

My wife and I enjoy our back yard garden so we tend to drink a little more in he summertime than in the winter...

We are brewing our Strawberry Wheat Blonde entitled "Rita Haywood Strawberry Blonde" as we speak! Cheers!

I am guessing that I have a problem.......

Don't you guys get thirsty?

I drink about two a day and have 20 gallons in process. I'll be purchasing two more fermentors so once this 20 comes out I can fill them all with another 35. It is much more difficult for me to brew during summer (temps too high and no air conditioning) so I'm doing as much as I can now while temps are almost perfect.

I'm playing a game of chicken between trying to lose weight and trying to drink all the beer (and wine) that accumulates in my place. With the pending wedding the weight loss is winning(and the beer growing), temporarily, but barely.

I have 55 gallons going right now if you count apfelwein and hard lemonade and I will brew an IPA this week yet. I drink in an AVERAGE night 0 beers. I drink rarely. Almost never more than 2-3. I just really like making it!!

Care to share your hard lemonade recipe...PLEASE!!!!

Did you pour it from a ladder so it would have some head? :)

No, actually after 2 weeks (I did wait that long at least) it had a great head.

(sadly something my house hasn't since I got engaged.)

and poured gently. My first!

19135_314596399654_789424654_3351393_5008395_n.jpg

Care to share your hard lemonade recipe...PLEASE!!!!
It is yooper brews recipe. I believe it is in her profile.
I used
10 cans of minute maid frozen lemonade concentrate

4 pounds sugar

Yeast nutrient( her recipe calls for more than I had)

Tsp potassium metabisulfite

I started red star pastuer red yeast in a small amount of must and built a small starter. I pitched it tuesday and the hydrometer hasn't budged.

Including the 2 stops on my way home? I really don't want to do the math.

But between me and the little lady, a 6-pack a night at home is nothing.

I don't drink soda. It's either water or beer. My signature tells it all.

5'-11" 160 lbs.

Hehe. I have to agree. For me its beer, wine, coffee, tea or water. I usually have a couple beers or a half a bottle of wine a night.

I have 15 gallons conditioning right now, all last week was all store bought (60min IPA, Two Hearted and Hopslam though!).

I have two brews that have been bottled for three weeks tomorrow so I finally have more HB to drink! Of course, I only have two that are ready to drink, another week before I can bottle the others, I think I'm going to run out of HB again!

Of course, mentioned to the SWMBO last night that I either need to go get kegging equipment or *gulp* more bottles to keep up. Her definite answer was NO MORE BOTTLES! I guess she's tired of cleaning them for me :D

Of course, I need more carboys too, three is just not enough anymore... Maybe a trip to the LHBS this weekend if I can get the blessing...

i have 25 gallons in the house. i only drink about 6 beers a week and all on the same day.. im on the body for life diet, no weekday beers for me.. I probably wont brew for another year or so :D i just hope the 6 cases of IPA's I have dont fade too much with age.. :D

just kicked my last keg last night... man that went fast. got some more in the pipeline!

I currently have two on tap, One batch in the bottles (will be ready in another 2 weeks), another two brews in primary and ingrediants for four more batches.

Plus SN Bigfoot, Pale Ale, Bock,, ESB, Rouge Dead Guy Ale

Seems everytime I get close to getting my pipeline built up I have people over and all more resources are depleated :rockin:

Let's see...11 gallons of ale fermenting; 10 gallons lagering; 18 gallons bottle conditioning and 35 gallons' worth of ingredients waiting to get started in the next month or so. But once spring hits I won't do much active brewing.

I give lots away and tend to drink it very slowly. I doubt seriously I would average more than a 5 bottles per week.

I know this is an old thread, but looking at the level of consumption and production I am very curious (having not yet brewed my own), once it is bottled how long can it be stored in the basement or extra refrigerator? Is this something I can brew up all winter long say 50 gallons, bottle it all up for my summer cookouts with my brothers? Can it store well enough to sit 6 months if I cook up a few huge batches?

A few months to a year is fine. Mine never lasts that long, though. Atm I have about 20 gallons of beer fermenting, 3 batches on tap (one is getting dumped...experiment gone horribly wrong), 5 gallons of wine fermenting, 2 cases of bottled wine and a couple of cases of various bottled beers. I'm a sixer or a bottle of wine a night kinda guy if I drink at all. I just try to eat really healthy and light to make up for all of the booze. When I want to drop 10 or 20 lbs I just quit drinking for a week or two and the weight disappears. Then it usually takes a good six months to a year to get back into "danger territory".

50 gallons should produce 500-550 12oz. bottles right? That's only 7 BBQ's with my family. I guess I never put the math to it. Huh! I was thinking you guys must be sloshes, my mistake! So I need to figure out how to produce 150-200 gallons now. That's alot of Mr. Beer's!

As far as storage, are there any pros or cons when comparing kegs to bottles (the class and metal bottles)?

Thanks for the quick reply artyboy. :)

Sloshes? Well maybe some of us but, I digress. 50 gallons would produce 520.8 12oz bottles. I've got 25 gallons in various stages of conditioning and fermenting. But come the annual birthday party in July that will be depleted by certain nephews who think consuming beer should be an Olympic Sport (yes, they're Marines). :rockin:

As for storage, I keg myself but that's just a personal preference. With bottling you have to clean and sanitize each one. With kegging you need to break them down to clean and sanitize. One really big bottle (aka keg) or lots of little ones. As for a kegerator, now there's lots of options. Would you need / want it in the house or just for family BBQ's? If the latter is the case check out all of the portable kegerators on HBT. Or just a trash can with ice to keep them cold and picnic taps.

Good luck!

Just reading through this thread... lots of talk about avoiding beer to lose weight. This is why we have gyms and running shoes. So we can keep drinking beer while staying sexy. Thirty minutes of push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups for me... then a fresh homebrew to hydrate.

I am sorry for not being clear (though you did answer a lot more for me) the comparison of kegging vs. bottling I was thinking in regards to storage pros and cons. Will one method 'keep' longer than the other?

I'm a weekend kind of drinker, one or two through the week, ramps up on Thursday usually to 10 or so, Friday the same, then Saturday usually 12-20 beer.....typical for the summer then it slows down in the winter, family, friends, pool and bbq just goes way too well with beer!

As far as weight gain, I weight train 5-6 days a week and throw in some cardio, keeps me around the same weight all summer then I drop in the winter.

Back