2nd Batch....you decide.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I brew?

• Fuller's London Porter clone (AHS)

• Vanilla Cream Stout (just a hint of vanilla really)

• British IPA

• Standard Cream Ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bill Braski

Reaction score
Alright, so I'm planning on doing my second batch a couple of weeks from now. By then the first one should be more than half way through it's secondary. (I'm doing the 1-2-3 method).

I'm going to be ordering my bottles towards the end of this coming week and that's when I'll order my second kit.

The problem is that I'm having a hell of a time trying to decide what to make. So I figured why not let you guys decide!

I must disagree with the logic that porters be brewed in February. I just Brewed one last night so that when the conditioning is done and the Vanilla in my Vanilla porter has mellowed it should be ready to drink around october, just in time for the cooler weather.

Reverend JC said:
I must disagree with the logic that porters be brewed in February. I just Brewed one last night so that when the conditioning is done and the Vanilla in my Vanilla porter has mellowed it should be ready to drink around october, just in time for the cooler weather.
Of course, you can brew anything you want at any time of the year. That's not what I was implying.

And you kinda agreed with me in that it's an Autumn/Winter brew.

As for stating Feb, I was using a chart that recommends what to brew when and when to drink according to style. I wanted to paste it here, but it loses its format.

I'd go for the IPA because it's the only one of the four that I like.
But if it were my second brew, I'd probably go for a standard pale ale (less strong, and less bitter so it will be ready to drink earlier).

-a.

ajf said:
I'd go for the IPA because it's the only one of the four that I like.
But if it were my second brew, I'd probably go for a standard pale ale (less strong, and less bitter so it will be ready to drink earlier).

-a.

I have a pale ale about to go into secondary right now. I need some variety.

homebrewer_99 said:
Of course, you can brew anything you want at any time of the year. That's not what I was implying.

And you kinda agreed with me in that it's an Autumn/Winter brew.

As for stating Feb, I was using a chart that recommends what to brew when and when to drink according to style. I wanted to paste it here, but it loses its format.

try posting it inside the CODE tags...

[*CODE]chart_in_here[*/CODE] <--- with out the asterisks...

example:
Code:
chart

in                                       here

that should do it. i would like to see that chart... :rockin:

Looks good, but I was planning on doing the kit thing until I get another couple brews under my belt.

Uh oh, the IPA has tied this game up late in the game.

Back