12 Gallon Plastic Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamkel

Reaction score
I just finished reading Steve Steele's guide to BIAB (http://www.steeleconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Bestwaytobrew.pdf). His delivery of the info is very clear and concise, but he uses equipment that I have not seen anywhere else.
Does anyone have any experience using

12 Gallon Plastic Fermenter with Lid for Wine Making
41rEezbQmYL.jpg

or an Aqua-Tainer 7 Gallon Rigid Water Container?
51eQTk17%2BgL.jpg

What are you thoughts on his method?

Thanks!

Any plastic fermenter will do... I would recommend against a 12 gal if you're only doing 5 gal batches. Too much head space. Great for 10gal batches though. I get free 7 gal buckets from a local soap making shop.

There are several options for the "cube"... The aqua-tainer is just one. I choose to forgo the cube altogether and just let it cool overnight in the brew kettle with the lid clamped on with binder clips.

Search on "no-chill" for more "cube" suggestions.

I believe if the plastic is food grade you wont have something to worry about. I use plastic fermenters all the time. Mine is 30 Liters and i can do up to 25-27 Liters batches

Back