Prairie Bomb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock_Toy

Reaction score
Anyone have it or can get it? I have access to some pretty spectacular brews out here in CA and am looking for a trade. This is the last beer I need for a little tasting I'm setting up with friends.

prairie-bomb.jpg

I will look around and see if I can find Prairie bomb, I do have a couple of prairies artisan Bible Belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think Bomb! is usually released in the winter, so it should be coming out soon. Haven't seen it yet.

Bomb occasionally graces the shelves in Cali. Gotta know where & when to look. If your from the Bay Area, I can make some suggestions...

I am trying to limit trades but may be able to line you up. What beers can you get to trade? Sours or BA beers preferred. Can PM me if you want. Have some Other stuff like Huna, jester kings, Etc if you wanna talk a bigger trade

Are you sure? I have never seen it cheaper than $8 a bottle in texas or arkansas. Just two places I go a lot. Is everyone overcharging?

I am positive. And I saw it at more than one shop last week at $14/4 pack.

I also saw it 2 weeks ago in Arkansas for $6-6.50 a bottle.

Austin, TX it was $9 a 12 oz.
One place limited it to one bottle a customer.

Its usually 8-10 bottles in Houston and goes fast....

Luckily I'm not a huge fan, so now I don't worry about chasing after it... though it is nice to have for trade reasons.

$13 a bottle in two different places here in San Francisco. Ouch.

$3.50-$4.00 a bottle in ATL. They got out from under Shelton Bros in GA and you can see what the markup has been.

$3.50-$4.00 a bottle in ATL. They got out from under Shelton Bros in GA and you can see what the markup has been.

From what I hear the next round will be more. That's about right IMO, maybe $5-6. It's not worth anywhere close to $8. The early batches maybe, but it hasn't been as good for at least a year.

I can get plenty of that here. Its brewed in Tulsa and always in stock in Oklahoma City. It's a great beer. They do some really good Sours and Farmhouse ales as well.

I have not had batch 1 I do not believe. But the price thing made me curious so I sent them an email and got this in return.

Hi there,*

Each store is going to price our products as they see fit so there will be some variability. $33 a four pack sounds a bit high, but I do know that the $14 was in Georgia and was a pricing error. Somewhere around $28 for a four pack would be more typical. Hope this helps! Thanks for supporting Prairie!

Cheers!

Erica Healey
Prairie Artisan Ales

Just released Christmas Bomb I saw today.
prairie-christmas-bomb.jpg

Like Prairie Bomb!? The holiday treatment of Prairie’s popular imperial stout aged on espresso beans, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chile peppers features an additional blast of “Christmas spices,” finishing at 13% ABV. Christmas Bomb! is headed your way via regular brewery distribution in OK, TX, AR, and GA, followed by Shelton Brothers distro. Enjoy the hunt.

I figured it would be cheaper in Oklahoma. But if I can't find it below $8 in texas or arkansas I was curious as how it was so cheap in Georgia. I would buy a lot more of this stuff at $5 a bottle.

Looks like they are releasing kegs of Christmas bomb this month too.

No clue on the wax thing other than to annoy their patrons.

What is the difference between the ones with wax seals and the ones without?

Originally they waxed bomb and others such as Vanilla Noir, Coffee Noir, etc with exception to bottles sent to AR (some weird law there). They had issues with condensation under the wax rusting the cap and a lot of people point the finger at that causing their infection problems (not fact, just speculation I have seen). From what I gather they bottle the beer cold, so hot wax on cold glass kept moisture in. They have since moved to a shrinkwrap for states that used to get wax.

I am pretty sure Christmas bomb and barrel aged bomb are both out in bottles in some places.

Any of the stores close to me are selling out in 30 minutes to a hour. 24 bottles of pirate bomb sold out with in that time range and so did brimstone bomb that was just released this past week. Makes me sad ! That it takes me that length of time just to make it to the store.

$10 a bottle in Oakland and Berkeley. I've seen it fly off the shelves at some places and sit for days at others. The price might scare some from it. Damn good beer though.

Would love to help you.. My local liquor store has a bunch of it, almost all the time.

Sadly, the liquor laws in Oklahoma are mighty messed up, and it's illegal for anyone besides distributors to ship across the state border. :(

Would love to help you.. My local liquor store has a bunch of it, almost all the time.

Sadly, the liquor laws in Oklahoma are mighty messed up, and it's illegal for anyone besides distributors to ship across the state border. :(

I think that is the case in a lot of places. USPS and others wont allow you to ship alcohol anyway legally anyway. But that sure doesn't stop anyone.

Package it up nice and tight and nobody knows. Bag it in gallon zip locks and then in a garbage bag. Protects a against leakage if a bottle breaks.

Back