My best beer to date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiscoProud

Reaction score
So I slightly modified a True Brew Irish Stout kit last month, and apparently I did something right, because I think its the best beer I've ever made. Basically I made the normal recipe, but made the following changes:
1. Split the hops so instead of 2 packs at 30 minutes, I did one at 30 and one at 15.
2. I tossed the dry yeast, and used Wyeast Irish Ale yeast.

The head is creamy like a Guinness and it has the right color too. However, I have to admit I actually prefer it to Guinness. I will definitely be making this recipe again.

Ryan

Congrats!

Not to troll in the Extract section, but when I went all-grain, that was the beer that I would put up against most commercial versions with no hesitation.

Cheers! :mug:

You're not trolling at all. I plan on working up to all-grain. I hope to do a partial mash oatmeal stout next, and then switching to BIAB at some point. I would love to do traditional all-grain, but I have a hard enough time finding places to stash my existing equipment.

Latest posts

Back