Great summer bear ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinb

Reaction score
I am looking for some reccomendations for a good summer beer. Looking for an easy drinker for those dog days coming up. Any favorites out there?

Anything on the light side. I love me some Stouts and iipa, but during the summer heat I usually stick with light pale ale, kolsh, milds, lots of lagers

kevinb said:
I am looking for some reccomendations for a good summer beer. Looking for an easy drinker for those dog days coming up. Any favorites out there?

I just tapped a soda keg of cream ale after cutting the lawn. I could not ask for a better thirst quencher.
Denny G

I love wheat beers myself! Hefeweissen or Dunkle Hefeweissen are delicious!! Also, do a thread search on this site for "Cucumbers" and you should find a recipe that some folks have raved about for the summer months!

I always have IPAs and APAs around, but in the summer I also always have a cream ale or other quaffable lawnmower beer. A kolsch would be great, too.

Blonde Ale....hit the spot every time.

If you took the fore thought - you would have brewed some great Helles and Pilsners over the Winter and they are awesome in the Summer.

Maybe next year hmmmm???

Centennial Blonde Ale! Search for the thread for it here. Cheap and quick. Great summer brew....Almost makes me want to cut the grass....Almost!

Yooper brought up a great one - Kolsch - love them!! I'm bottling one today! Should be ready to drink by early to mid May :)

Blonde Ale, Cream Ale, Koelsch, American Wheat - all these are excellent, easy drinking styles.

Centennial Blonde is a perennial favorite. Try that first; read the thread for hints and tips. :mug:

Blonde Ale....hit the spot every time.

If you took the fore thought - you would have brewed some great Helles and Pilsners over the Winter and they are awesome in the Summer.

Maybe next year hmmmm???

I am just getting started. :D

kevinb said:

Surly cynic clone from NB. That stuff is awesome.

JimTheHick said:
Surly cynic clone from NB. That stuff is awesome.

Glad to hear that. Doing a 5 gal AG batch tomorrow. Just moved a Kolsch into a corny for lagering and it smells fantastic. Fermented it at 57F and the aroma is extremely fresh. Can't wait for warmer weather.

Brobeman

Can't really recommend it cause I haven't tried it, but I ordered nb farmhouse biere de table after much consideration.

When it starts to get hot here I'm going to brew a saison, since they're supposed to do well in the heat. I'm looking to brew something else in the meantime, so I was looking into a Kolsch, wheat, or a cream ale. I have some leftover wildflower honey from a mead I made, so maybe I can incorporate that.

Back