Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Favorite Extract Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
KoedBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just ordered the Irish Red off NB and it was like $34 with shipping and I think I bough some extra hops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
el_caro
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Coopers Australian Pale Ale Beer Kit

Well I love the Coopers Kits. I am just about to do the Australian Pale Ale Beer Kit using yeast I have harvested from a Coopers Pale Ale 750ml. I think it is excellent with the supplied dry kit yeast but learned experts say it is great with harvested yeast from the bottle conditioned Coopers Pale Ale.

Another of my favourites is the Unreal Ale recipe using the Coopers Real Ale kit. One day I will manage to let this one mature as long as they recommend. Unfortunately I can never wait and polish them off within 6 weeks from bottling.

Drinking a Canadian Blonde brew at the moment and it gets better with every day. Will not last until the recommended opening date unfortunately so cannot say what it really should taste like. But it goes down real easy.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
Suex
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you can find them, Black Rock makes the best kits I've ever come across. Your local store should be able to order them. Not sure what they do different but it make a more full tasting beer.... As some kits taste like there missing something.

Reason: Spelling

Old 02-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #34
Suex
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomheff View Post
I'll take my Coopers English Bitter with EKG hop addition over any beer right now.
I've got the same kit on the go right now, i dry hopped it with an oz of goldings.... Should be pretty tasty...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
Kunkemonster
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Williams Brewing Porter kit with some espresso is my most requested beer. I really like their liquid malt as well.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #36
Suex
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Bitter in the bottles....

Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 106

mexican cerveza is horrible indeed . Now on to the good stuff.
How was that Canadian blonde ? I just made some today.

Muntons nut brown ale no boil is good stuff just as it is but add ina wort instead of some of the water , made with a few ounces of chocolate, black and honey and some fuggels and wait a couple months in the bottle and GREAT .
Northern brewers honey brown is okay i guess.
witbier is good after a couple months in the bottle . I used the brewers best kit .
Belgian Triple is good stuff .

I am going to take 1 gallon of my Muntons Canadian style , I used 2.2 pounds of light DME and 1 pound sugar in it , and that gallon I will take after fermentation and dry hop 1/4 ounce fuggles in it for two weeks . I will try to remember to post how it comes out .

Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
DaNewf
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My Cooper's Mexican Cerveza has been in the bottle 4 weeks now and isn't tasting too bad. I made it up with a 1kg bag of Munton's Beer Kit Enhancer, an extra 200grams of dextrose and the kit yeast. Unless something happen's to improve the flavour a lot before I finish the batch I probably won't make it again.

My standard light color homebrew is the Cooper's Canadian Blonde with the Enhancer/dextrose/kit yeast combo as above. I like it and it has received positive reviews from other's who have drank it (disclaimer - none of my friends or family are craft beer drinkers, large scale commercial beers only). I'll do one batch of this then a batch of something dark (usually stout).

I subbed the Mexican Cerveza for the Canadian Blonde last time around just to try something different. I don't regret it but I won't repeat it.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #39
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNewf View Post
My Cooper's Mexican Cerveza has been in the bottle 4 weeks now and isn't tasting too bad. I made it up with a 1kg bag of Munton's Beer Kit Enhancer, an extra 200grams of dextrose and the kit yeast. Unless something happen's to improve the flavour a lot before I finish the batch I probably won't make it again.

My standard light color homebrew is the Cooper's Canadian Blonde with the Enhancer/dextrose/kit yeast combo as above. I like it and it has received positive reviews from other's who have drank it (disclaimer - none of my friends or family are craft beer drinkers, large scale commercial beers only). I'll do one batch of this then a batch of something dark (usually stout).

I subbed the Mexican Cerveza for the Canadian Blonde last time around just to try something different. I don't regret it but I won't repeat it.
I just brewed the muntons canadian style . After primary ,one week , I tasted it and it has very little flavor at all. So I am going to dry hop it nest week with an ounce hersbrucker . Hope that helps . Probably should have done some for bittering also. How ever I may try and make a quart of tea from the some hersbrucker and boil for an hour and then pour that into the beer before dry hopping it .

the cerveza can be made drinkable with a lot of time and additions .

Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #40
DaNewf
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm not sure how the Muntons blonde compares to the Coopers blonde (I've only used Coopers so far) but it might very well be that you would find the Coopers blonde (as I prepare it) a little on the bland side as well.

I make this this beer up as a more affordable* alternative to beers like Molson Canadian or Labatt's Blue (plain Jane domestics) which my family prefers. It that role it does pretty good and that's why I don't do anything extra (ie. hops) to it.

* Where I live the "cheap stuff" is around $2.00/bottle. My Coopers Canadian Blonde homebrew works out to somewhere between $0.50 - $0.55 per bottle.

Quick Reply