Amber ale done using the williamswarn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffin1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am fairly new to this board. I got some amazing advice and help from here before I started brewing. I just finished my first brew, an American Amber ale with additional crystal 40 And boiled hop additions. I was also able to add late addition hop tea for aroma. I used the williamswarn machine. I did a lot of research and I can tell you that this thing rocked. Made wort like you usually would. Got Eveything into machine and it held the temp for 4 days at 73 degrees. While it ferments it has a pressure capture valve to hold a specific amount of the co2 in the system and carbonates during fermentation. After 4 days, I dropped the temp to 36 and clarified using their agent and the sediment removal bottle. In exactly 7 days (6 days and 20 hours. I couldn't wait) I had crystal clear, sediment free ale that was amazing. I have read a lot of bashing about this machine and I can't understand why? It does exactly what it says and makes amazing beer in 7 days. I can't wait to make the English Brown ale next! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392555077.776886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well done, Griff. I have a Brewer's Best American Amber bottle-conditioning right now. Gonna be a long wait.

I just saw some videos on this machine you speak of. I don't quite understand. You can brew as usual and ferment in the machine? The video shows extract brewing, but it would work with all grain also? Is it pretty much like a really expensive fermentation chamber/kegerator all in one? If that is the case, I can see people doing some really awesome DIY projects. I'm curious because I've been able to make really clear beers in 7 days also, but my trick is just some extra yeast nutrient and careful racking.

The section of the website that lays the advantages to the machine versus the disadvantages of homebrew is written mostly like it's strikes against Mr. Beer

Back