Word is getting out on my spent grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I don't know if they put up a poster or email each other, but each batch of spent grains is getting a bigger following.

MoreSpentGrains.jpg

I'm going to have to brew a batch and arrange for SWMBO to go visit some friends when bow season starts. :cross:

Funny . . . my friends always seem to show up at my house about four weeks after bottlling time. Of course, they are after the beers rather than the spent grain :cross: .

I would say that you should definitely take a few with your bow. If I lived near you, I'd be asking if I could hang out at your place during season.:p

They're like smack addicts! You give some to one of them and he goes and gets his junkie friends.

"Hey, man! This dude over here is giving the **** away for nothing! And it's gooooood!"

I had the same thing happen with cats at my buddy's house. I gave one cat some catnip, and 45 minutes later there were 6 of them at the back door mewing.

-walker

EdWort said:
I don't know if they put up a poster or email each other, but each batch of spent grains is getting a bigger following.

MoreSpentGrains.jpg

I'm going to have to brew a batch and arrange for SWMBO to go visit some friends when bow season starts. :cross:
im a newbee...what does SWMBO stand for... I'm assuming W is wife or woman.

Turricaine said:
Let them sample some of your beer.

Now there's a thought. You can see the one doe on the right drinking from the bird bath. Perhaps I'll fill it with some miller light some one left here.:cross:

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
every time I see that picture I get an itchy trigger finger. I bet that one with spots is some good eatin'.

LOl yeah all 3 ounces of meat on there...........

I may have said this in another thread, but it amazes me how much that hanging lantern makes it seem like you're looking through a peepsight.........:rockin:

ablrbrau said:

I may have said this in another thread, but it amazes me how much that hanging lantern makes it seem like you're looking through a peepsight.........:rockin:

Yeah, next time I'll take the bird feeder out and hang a cross hair just for the next shot. :D

ablrbrau said:

yeah, but what a tasty 3 ounces it will be! I won't hardly shoot anything that's more than 80-100 pounds. Unless, of course, a bigger one walks by or something. :p

I'm not much of a hunter. But isn't baiting them sort of against the principal of the thing. Or at the very least illegal?

Rethin said:
I'm not much of a hunter. But isn't baiting them sort of against the principal of the thing. Or at the very least illegal?

that would depend on what your principles are. baiting whitetail deer is legal in most states. i do not hunt over bait (or near it for that matter).

Back