Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Question for sanky tun users

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
BrothersBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

nice, i mite try this...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Griffsta
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I use a SABCO false bottom, just like you see above. For me, as a beginner, it was well worth the money, as it freed me up to worry about other things. It works great. Never had a stuck mash. Once in a while I will get a couple grains through. I cant see how it is going around the sides because it fits tight, but it does. I started putting a musilin bag at the end of my tubing to catch any grains before they hit the BK, but its never much at all.

All my fittings are welded. IMHO, it was also well worth the money, as the welds are perminant, and you will never have to worry about it leaking over time. Do the math on parts and labor to weld vs. weldless, and depending on how much you are getting charged for the welding (i got several offers under $50 for 13 welds), it might be a wash.

PRIMARY 1 -
PRIMARY 2 -
SECONDARY 1 -
KEG 1 - Griff's Amarillo Pale Ale
KEG 2 - Christmas in Ireland Stout
KEG 3 - Bee Cave Hefewiezen
KEG 4 - Orange Honey Hefeweizen
KEG 5 - Dead Guy Clone
BOTTLED - SNPA Clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply