Party-Gyle Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tasting, 3 months after the second carbonation attempt. Cracked with a gratifying hiss. My camera is not working well, so bear with my description:

Poured into a snifter, a minimal head of tiny white bubbles forms and wanes into the thinnist collar. Lacing is all but non-existent. Opaque and ruddy, a cloudy brown with ruby hues.

Smells so much less of rocket fuel as I last remember. Deeply ripened fruit, raisins, molasses, dark rum.

Taste is a divine sweetness, quite akin to the style. A molassas sweetness tempered by a warm spicy rum flavor.

The mouthfeel is where I love it most; it feels much lighter than its previous description allows for, but coats the back of the tounge as it goes down warmly, sticking its spiced rum flavor there.

So much easier to drink than I expected (granted, before it aged well I sampled it and couldnt finish a shared glass), I am decidedly excited to drink it with friends and family for my 30th birthday, and it will make an excellent special occasion one-timer. Anyone familiar with the style will not be dissappointed.
:mug:

Latest posts

Back