my first all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brycro

Reaction score
I am brewing this berliner weiss as my first attempt. Beer has to sour naturally by souring mash. I will not be able to keep the temps at 100. I am going to keep it in warmest part of house for the time it sours. Does anyone see and problems with that? Will temperarture fluctuation (hotter during day, cooler at night) have any negative effects? Thanks.

http://atimeforbeer.blogspot.com/2010/11/berliner-weiss-recipe.html

ADD ON: I guess what my real question is is that I am trying to sour this mash and recommended temp to maintain for this is 100 degrees....I have my fermeneter wrapped in wool blankets to maintain heat but I will not be maintaining 100 degrees........How will this affect the souring and will it have negative effects on the beer. Why 100 degrees?

That's quite an undertaking for your first all grain. Not everyone does a sour mash when making a Beliner weisse, but that's probably the traditional way of doing things

Back