Grain bill amount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivepointslow

Reaction score
I have the grain bill with percentages of each grain. It's for a dark truth stout clone. Boulevard actually gave the bill to me. I just don't know how much grain over all for the brew. Any advice?

Just got beer smith. Don't really know how to use it. Which tab would I use?

Here's a quick video tutorial on creating a recipe in beersmith. This is for the older version of beersmith but the basics are the same. Click on "add recipe" in the top left corner to get started.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYjKfQms9o[/ame]

What percentages did they give you?
Also, be sure to input your equipment profile into BeerSmith.

I would ask how much of the sugars to add. Or figure the grain bill on no extra sugars, take preboil gravity reading, calculate, add sugar to get right gravity if you missed your mark.

I haven't brewed an all grain stout yet and was wondering if it's typical of the style to have such a high percentage of the grain bill being specialty malts. It looks like over %30 in this recipe.

I hope my local brew store has everything I need. Should be around 10oz brown sugar and 6 dark brown sugar. I will get beer smith in my computer tonight and build this recipe and see what happens. And I will report back in like 12 weeks with a flavor profile.

Latest posts

Back