Is this the Corona Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzno

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This may be a silly question but I want to make sure I get the right one if I end up buying one. Is this the Corona mill that people are using?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000U5NZ4I/ref=pe_203350_30427520_email_1p_1_ti

I've been doing AG for awhile now and want to get into grinding my own grain but have a pretty tight budget. This one for sale is usually $100 but it's down to $27 now so I want to jump on it if it's the right one.

What do you think?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a commonly used one and afaik the Victory is one of many Corona "style" mills. I have one that looks exactly the same. I got it for a Christmas present so I don't know which mine is and I threw out the box a long time ago.

BTW those are ALWAYS available in the $25 - $35 range

They are typically in the $25-35 range however they typically do not come with free shipping. Shipping is pretty high on those due to weight. I was going to purchase one earlier this year and after shipping the total would have been close to $65. I went ahead and bought a cheap roller mill instead.

Yep, as others have already indicated, that's a Corona-type mill.
If you use eBay and are patient, you can usually find one for around that price with shipping in a week or so.

Ordered it today with Amazon Prime free shipping and I should have it on my doorstep sometime on Friday. Looking forward to grinding my own grain. Now to do some research on a bigger hopper build and station for it.

Thanks again everybody. :mug:

Victoria mills are good, but the one that's showed in pictures at that link is NOT a Victoria mill. If you do get what you're looking for it's in a red box and much of the instructions are in Portuguese :) I love mine, sometimes the grind seems a little fine but I like to go by the maxim (forget who said ) that you should grind it till you're scared.

Chinese knockoff or not it will work great! I have the one from amazon and it works well 80% effeciency with no stuck sparges

I bought that exact mill a few months ago. I added two washers as spacers to make my crush less fine and I've been consistently getting 75% efficiency .

I have the same mill. Bought it from Discount Tommy . . . $24.95 shipped. It's not a precision item, but it works great!

You should take a look at this thread for 151 pages of info on Corona mills and mods for them.

I'm about 20 pages into the Ugly Junk thread. Good stuff! I used my mill this weekend after adding the washers and replacing the kog pin. The crushed looked great; far better then my LHBS's crush. Ended up with 81% mash efficiency; the best I've ever had!

Really appreciate all the great info this sites provides.

Thanks everyone!

That is the one I have and it does the job. Remember to pull the cotter pin that holds the plate in and replace it with a #8-32 nut bolt assembly you can get from home depot. Be sure to use a lock washer and double nut the bolt because the vibrations from operation will cause it to loosen up.

I replaced the cotter pin with a screw but it was still loose so I used a rubber hose gasket to put between the "nut" and plate, then squished it until I could squeeze the screw in the hole and now it fits very snug in place. Here's a pic:

IMAG5187_zpsc1d0685d.jpg

Back