Two Kegs-One Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mofoa

Reaction score
My issue: As the title suggests, I have two kegs with one keg already fully carbed. My question is; what's a good "temporary" workaround in using one regulator after having one keg has been fully carbed, and needing to get the second one carbed (without purchasing a two regulator)?

I just now pumped the second keg full of co2 at 30 PSI and stuck it into the fridge. (The co2 is approx. at 35 F from already being in my fridge, and the brew was at room temp--74F.) I figured that having it set at that will at least keep enough pressure to keep a seal for the next 24 hours and get a jump start on carbonating.

It's worth noting I probably have about 2.5 gallons left in the already carbed tank.

Don't plan on having the second brew until a week from now.

Any suggestions and/or thoughts are welcome

Thanks,
Ralf

I do this all the time. One regulator and 4 kegs. I put the new keg on the CO2 and let it carb normally (30 PSI for 16/18 hours then drop it to 20 PSI for another 24, then drop it to serving pressure) unless you are pulling a lot of beer from your already carbed keg, you don' need to worry too much about the pressure while the other is on the CO2. All 4 of my kegs are fine as long as I'm not pulling growlers of beer at once.

I do this all the time. One regulator and 4 kegs. I put the new keg on the CO2 and let it carb normally (30 PSI for 16/18 hours then drop it to 20 PSI for another 24, then drop it to serving pressure) unless you are pulling a lot of beer from your already carbed keg, you don' need to worry too much about the pressure while the other is on the CO2. All 4 of my kegs are fine as long as I'm not pulling growlers of beer at once.

Thank you for the response. This is helpful. :mug:

Going to hook the new keg up and bring it up to full carbonation while I go easy on the first keg (already fully carb'd). Got some already in bottles, so I think I'm in good shape.

I personally just carb at serving pressure... arguably it takes longer, but I've got four kegs in my keezer on the same regulator through a four way manifold; I yet to run out of beer while waiting for the "new" beer to carb up, but then again I do have my brewing schedule under control.

Get a CO2 splitter, some extra hose and a second gas disconnect.
1-4-barbed-stainless-steel-t_1__2.jpg

Back