Suggestions for carbing....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
So my mother asked me to make most of the beer for my sisters graduation party (she still wants to have miller lite, i couldn't talk her out of it)...anyways i will be brewing this beer over the next month or so to get ready for the party. My kegerator only holds 3 cornys (and i have to drive 3 hours, which will make it hard to keep the kegs cold)...

I could force carb on site, but i don't wnat to risk screwing up....

Any thoughts...

get a giant rubbermaid bin, put the kegs in it, and fill with ice for tre trip in the car, and add fresh ice at the party to make sure they stay frosty cold. https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=854

force carb beforehand, and just before you move them to the icy rubbermaid disconnect the gas, and keep the keg under pressure.

As for serving it there, you can either take your CO2 tank/regulator with you and spend nothing extra, or check out some of these
Portable Dispensing :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

I hear the 12gram chargers work reasonably well, but you don't have percice control of the pressure, and it will take as many as 3-4 cartriges to serve a single keg empty.

Personally, I would just take my dual guage regulator, 5# tank, and hoses with me. It is not as portable, but it beats buying an alternative system that will rarly be used.
Liquid Out to a picnic tap should be perfect for this, with about 5feet of 3/16 line.

Yeah i am not worried about dispensing, the problem is the only way i'll be able to get the cold beforehand would be to put them on ice since my kegerator will be full already

You can force carb at higher temprature, and just get them on ice the night before you go. It does take mroe pressure to carb at higher temp tho.

Back