Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sanke D Coupler Type Preference

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
llaurel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sanke D Coupler Type Preference

Hi All. I'm new here, and I've read and searched these forums extensively. I would first like to thank everyone whose posts I've read. I am about to put in my keezer for commercial sixtels, and I seem to be having a bit of trouble with one component, the keg connectors. This question only relates to American Sanke D connectors. Does anyone have any preferences regarding the lever style vs. the half-twist-wings style vs. the low-profile style. Thanks in advance to all responders.

Larry

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
nasty_rabbit
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 62 Posts

I personally don't have a preference, mine is a lever. There are things to consider with each
If clearance is an issue then the low profile would be the obvious choice. If you have a keg that you could place in the keezer/kegerator and check clearance you will need 5" to get the lever style or 1/4 turn style plus tubing to fit with little or no kinking.
The lever style also has to be screwed in by 1/4 turn and then engage the system by locking down the handle. I see no true advantage to this but I'm sure there is a purpose.
The top flow 1/4 turn style, I believe, is an older design of the lever type but I may be wrong.good luck.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3202 Times on 3106 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I don't like the half twist or low profile ones very much. They just seem too easy to bump the wrong way and cause a leak. The low profile is obviously the only option in some cases, but if there's clearance I'd choose the lever style.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
kaboom133
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I've always been comfortable with the standard lever style coupler. I've been a bartender for many years so it's what I'm used to, but I;ve also never had any problems with it in my homebrew setup.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
thargrav
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Lever style is the best. People tend to want to pick up & move a keg with the T style couplers and the handle is not designed for the weight & will break.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Nohup
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Only use the low-profile twist ones if space is an issue. The big lever ones are way easier to work with. Also, consider a 90 degree tailpiece, it helps keep things manageable.

Perlick makes Sanke D couplers that are really nice. If you're looking to buy new, I'd recommend them.

Quick Reply