Which one is better, ordering today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to be basically the exact same setup. My question would be on the manifold on the Midwest kit, make sure it has check valves.

I can only speak for buying experience, I went with Keg Connection (personally) and had a fantastic experience, Todd was really top notch, and everything comes assembled - you literally plug it in and go.

Given that money's not an issue, I would (personally) go with Keg Connection, and have them a) upgrade to a 10lb tank, and b) lengthen the beer lines to 8 feet. Especially the tank - you'll be surprised how fast you burn through a five pounder, especially with a four keg setup.

looks to be basically the exact same setup. My question would be on the manifold on the midwest kit, make sure it has check valves.

I can only speak for buying experience, i went with keg connection (personally) and had a fantastic experience, todd was really top notch, and everything comes assembled - you literally plug it in and go.

Given that money's not an issue, i would (personally) go with keg connection, and have them a) upgrade to a 10lb tank, and b) lengthen the beer lines to 8 feet. Especially the tank - you'll be surprised how fast you burn through a five pounder, especially with a four keg setup.

+1........

Got my setup from Keg Connection--fantastic. Keg was clean, no soda smell on the O-rings, yet they gave me a complete set for free. I also like their red gas line--really sticks out in the rats nest of tubing in the keezer. I've also ordered stuff from Midwest, and they're also great...but I'm ordering my keg stuff from a place with keg in their name. They also have a nice selection of parts and components. I'm going to order a second guage that pops right on to their regulator which will turn my setup into a dual.

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and ordered the keg connection kit with the 10lb tank and the upgraded lines. With shipping came to $379. Not too bad. Will be here in 3 days. I guess I need to go buy my freezer now this weekend. Good thing my wife likes my beer...

Back