Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > odd newbie bottling question..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
michgan241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default odd newbie bottling question..

long story short i have access to a lot of growlers for a low price. I was wondering are there any large containers i can carb up in then transfer to the growlers? (other than a keg)

From what ive read the growler bottles just cant take the pressure from carbing up and turn into bottle bombs. I wasnt sure if cold crashing vs pasteurizing them would be better/less likely to bomb?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Mithranbeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You're looking for a vessel that can fit a full 5 gallon batch of beer, sustain carbonation pressure, then have some means of dispensing it into growlers. I know you said not a keg, but you're describing a keg. I've heard of pressurized stainless fermentation vessels, but you could probably get lots of kegs for the price of one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply