Kegerator - finally!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mward

Reaction score
I finally got all the parts and put my kegerator together. The great thing about this fridge is all the coils are on the back so I didn't have to worry about drilling through one. I used a holesaw to cut the holes. It was pretty easy to do. The keg inside is full of irish ale that should be carbonated in a few more days, that'll be going through the stout tap.

keg1.jpg

keg3.jpg

keg6.jpg

keg8.jpg

I am a happy man! I gave up homebrewing 8 years ago because I got sick of washing bottles. Finally I'm doing it again and so happy to have a kegerator.

Congrats bro!
There is really nothing better than coming home from a long day, and pouring yourself a nice cold homebrew!!!

:mug:

Having homebrew on tap is wonderful. I had my kegerator long before i started brewing, so it came in handy when i started kegging my brew, plus i got lucky cause my father works for 7-up bottling company so he gave me a bunch of 3 gallon cornie kegs for free. your very own homebrew on tap rocks!!!

mward said:
I finally got all the parts and put my kegerator together.
Looks nice! Congrats.

In the morning, a guy is dropping off a Sanyo 4911 that I found on Craig's List for a song. Soon I expect to join you in the ranks of kegerator owners.

I just got a fantastic deal on a 2 year old commercial keggerator off craigslist :rockin:
Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert the existing single-tap sankey setup into a dual-tap homebrew system.

I can't wait! :mug:

That sounds nice, man. Looks nice too.

I'm trying to figure out where to get a suitable mini-fridge. What are the internal dimensions on yours? Any suggestions on where to get a cheap fridge?

The internal dimensions are EXACTLY 2 ball lock kegs. I can't put pin locks in. I think it's a GE SpaceSaver, the one with the false top over the real top. This is a bit of an older model so it might not be the same. I'd take 2 kegs with me to wherever you buy it. The good thing is all the coils are on the back exposed so you don't have to worry about drilling through them. I think the current model of this is at lowes for around 150$. A good place to get a fridge like this is at a college campus right at the end of the semester when the kids are moving home and don't want to lug the fridge with them.

Back