Help fellow Canucks! I need keg parts!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradsul

Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just kegged an oktoberfest ale and found out that (of all things) my pressure relief valve isn't sealing completely. I tried adding a bit of keg lube and this helped for a little while but once the secondary fermentation built up enough pressure it started leaking again.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement valve? I'm hoping not to order from the states and my LHBS doesn't carry kegging equipment. The HBS I usually use (not local) doesn't carry the valves.

Paddockwood doesn't list that and from what I can tell doesn't have post o-rings for ball-lock kegs anymore either. :(

Brad -- if you need o-rings for the lid, dip tubes, or posts, I bought a whole bunch from McMaster Carr for next to nothing (I think the shipping cost almost as much as the order). Anyways, I can drop some in the mail for you, if you like. PM me if you are interested.

Same offer goes to other Canucks out there since o-rings are hard to find now (or they are ridiculously expensive -- my LHBS wants more than $10 for a set!). I am happy to ship them out at my cost.

bradsul

Just drive up, and go around the back. They are pretty busy at this time of year, but they are very helpful guys, and prices are wholesale ...this is where the LHBS shop ;)

I fired off an email and they basically said just bring my bad lid and come to the office. The keg in question is full of beer right now so I'll have to rig some plastic wrap or something before I head down.

Flyguy, that's an awesome offer, wish I had just bought the kegs so I could take you up. I ordered a bunch of o-rings from paddockwood back when they had them so I have a bunch of spares. You're right about the price though; what a rip off.

These guys have all the spare parts and whatnot so I think I'll see if they have a catalogue to buy, their website mentions one.

Simgo is like a candy store! :D What a great place. The relief valve was $17 though if you can believe that. I bought a used lid for $20 instead since mine had a dent in it anyway. I will definitely be going back there in the future.

Back