Heineken Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windaria

Reaction score
OK... I remember a post recently about mini kegs, and people were talking about how much they cost and all... and then, while I was at the store, I noticed some Heineken mini-kegs, and they were going for about $20 each... full. So my thought is, those seemed to be full kegs for less than what people were paying just to get an empty keg.

Is there much of a difference? Can you use these for kegging? Then you get the beer as well, if you do... would this be such a bad thing? Anyway, just curious.

The mini-kegs are $9 each at defalco's...I think the main cost of mini-kegs is in that phil-tap thingee.

Ah... I was asking 'cause it sounded like people were saying they should be around $70, so I guess I just didn't understand what they meant. Oh well, thanks!

When I'm in Germany I get my kegs for $8-9 each full of German beer. I just put 2 of them in my suit case.

My last time in Germany (July) I brought back 2 in the suitcase and 2 carry on (to the plane). One in a carry on bag and the other in my backpack. Not a word was said by customs in either country. You just can't bring back alcohol over 70% because it's flammable. Too bad because I like Stroh's Butter Rum from Austria.

The majority of them have the pull out tap and the bung with the knob (flat plastic piece) that you turn to allow flow. No tap is needed.

Of course, I also have 2 different style taps for my other mini-kegs.

Windaria said:
Ah... I was asking 'cause it sounded like people were saying they should be around $70, so I guess I just didn't understand what they meant. Oh well, thanks!

About $70-$80 for the "kit" (5 kegs and a co2 tap)

Back