Have to constantly adjust regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCondor

Reaction score
So I posted this topic a few days ago and it never really solved my issue or answer any questions. I might have described my problem wrong. So, my regulator low pressure consistently drops and I have to adjust to maintain my set pressure. The keg and tank have been in the fridge since Saturday so I'm sure it's not the tank adjusting to the cold. I understand as the beer carbs it absorbs co2 but I'm wondering why the regulator doesn't maintain the set pressure. Thought that was its only job? If the system had a leak wouldn't it maintain the set pressure just blow through co2?

It's hard to argue the point about the regulator - holding a set pressure is pretty much its entire function.

But you may well be blowing through CO2 right now, hard to tell from here.
The only regulator creep I'm familiar with was always in a positive direction and usually turned out to be either a poorly sealed cartridge or a leaky diaphragm. Never had one keep dropping after adjusting.

So I think I'd do a thorough leak test downstream of the reg to at least take that possibility off the table...

Cheers!

I had a similar problem a while ago where I was always looking and noticing the pressure was always wacky. Then I observed a little while longer without adjusting anything and the answer came to me.

My regulator wasn't changing pressures. It just took a while to actually get there and stabilize. Really strange thing is that it only did this on one of the two (dual product). Decided that one is to be the "one pressure fits all" going to the manifold and my "custom carbonation" tap reserves the regulator that adjusts flawlessly and quickly. Is something defective? Probably but I made it work for me.

I don't think I'm blowing thru co2 because the tank has been on for atleast a few weeks with one keg and 3 days of carbing another. I would assume I would have ran out of co2 by now if I was leaking it so bad the regulator could not keep up. I contacted northern brewer who sold me the regulator and they are sending a replacement. I hope this fixes it.

Back