Dumb Newb question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLutin

Reaction score
Sorry about being new to this. I'm trying to convert my chest freezer into a keggerator (keezer if you will). I bought most of the parts I need (Co2 tank still needed if anyones got an amazing deal PM me), but I got my sankey tap in today and it only has one fitting on the liquid side to connect a hose too it. The gas side of the tap (the top) just has the threading on the top. So where do I find the MFL looking piece to connect my gas tubing to the tap? Thanks in advance.

call the guys at kegconnections.com they can help you trouble shoot, sell you a tank and take care of whatever parts you need. I bought all my stuff from them. Good guys!

Note: I think you're confusing the beer and gas sides of the tap.

For the sanke taps I've seen and owned the one fitting is the gas side since 5/16 ID is a standard for all gas. Because different users need different diameter beer line to balance their system you need to supply your own beer side fitting (the top) where the threads are. For most home users (anything under 10' of beer line) you want 3/16 ID line and barb.

Good news, I made a phone call and Northern Brewer cleared things up. I emailed Keg Kits on saturday and its tues, and still no reply. Should be up and running for Halloween!

Back