Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Corny Keg help needed! How to pry off a quick disconnect (gas) from the "out" post?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
weissbiergirl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Corny Keg help needed! How to pry off a quick disconnect (gas) from the "out" post?

I went to my local beer & wine making store to get the gaskets replaced on my corny keg (ball lock) but unfortunately the gray quick disconnect was locked onto the "out" post by mistake (which was placed in the "in" location of the keg by mistake). Another proof that the in/out posts are misplaced on the keg, my picnic tap will NOT lock onto the other post, so that post is clearly the "in" post, and the quick disconnect is locked onto the "out" post and I can't get it off. Any advice? What tools can I use to pry it off without damaging it too much?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
lumpher
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 15

put a pair of vice-grips on it, and hit it with a hammer from the bottom. said from experience

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead
4: Oatmeal Stout
5: Bavarian Wheat
6: Premium Lager

Fermenting: Concord Wine, ESB

Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
weissbiergirl
Recipes 

Do you mean hit with a hammer the part that you're supposed to be able to pull up to unlock/disconnect from the post (but won't pull up cause it's on the wrong post)? The bottom of it is the outlet post it's stuck onto and I don't think you mean to hit THAT with a hammer. I don't know if sticking a screwdriver in between the part that's supposed to lift up will do anything or what...

Old 03-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
weissbiergirl
Recipes 

I got it off!! With just the vice-grips, didn't need the hammer, THANKS!!! I appreciate your help!

Quick Reply