Bulk aging in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urg8rb8

Reaction score
I am interested in bulk aging in a keg at room temp. Is there some process associated with doing this? Can I just add co2 to seal and purge oxygen, remove co2 gas line, and let keg sit at room temp?

Is it possible for the beer to absorb the co2 causing the internal pressure of the keg to drop and breaking the seal at the lid? Or would it stay sealed?

It should stay sealed but hit it with 30 psi before letting it sit and just check on it every now and then and hit with more co2 to ensure the seal.

you could also carbonate it for a week at room temp at about 30psi. Once it's all carbed up it should keep the pressure in the headspace

It should stay sealed but hit it with 30 psi before letting it sit and just check on it every now and then and hit with more co2 to ensure the seal.

This is what I do. I had three kegs in the house using this method. They sat there a good 1.5 months before moving to the keezer...Beer turned out great!

Back