Build A Beer Crate Out Of Two Fence Pickets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my attempt at a beer crate failed miserably. I was using a sawall and it's pretty difficult to get precise cuts with that.

I am going to reattempt this when I go home and can use all my grandfathers tools.

When doing the transfer for the logo, is there any tips I should be looking for? Like using water to remove the paper or does the logo pretty well just go right to the wood? Also, how long do I need to apply the iron to it? what is a starting time?

My only tips for doing the logo transfer is to first make sure you are using a copy from a laser printer, inkjet will not work. Sand the area where you are putting the logo as smooth as possible. Set the iron as hot as it will go, grab a homebrew, and just keep moving the iron back and forth over the copy and eventually the toner on the paper will start to transfer to the wood. Use the tip of the iron to help work in any detail areas. The typical time it takes to transfer one of the larger logos you see in my pics is about 20 minutes.

Thanks, the link didn't work, but I was able to click another link on that page that did work, If anyone needs me to email it I can . I saved in on my hard drive.

I was expecting more detail, although I am grateful. Ill build a few too see how I like them. The logo transfer will be a cool thing. I have worked with wood all my life and never new you could do this with a laser printer, I have an old HP laser jet 4.(I call it the dinosaur) I have only changed the ink 1x in the 10 years I have owned it! I print alot of paper too! I now have one more reason to love this printer. LOL

CRAP! I am seriously late to the party. I love this idea and have a dozen or so pickets under my porch waiting for a project. Anyone care to upload the plans, please? No links are working.

Go to the very first post and be has a PDF file that has the instructions and illustrations on how to cut the boards.

Sent from DMAC's iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks. The link wasnt working when I posted. It seems to be now. Saved the plan just in case it disappears again.

This is awesome!

Can anyone upload the plans and details again? The pdf link in the OP doesn't seem to be working for me.

Its an easy crate to build, but the size isn't right for 12 oz bottles, I made it and they are way too loose, it needs to be re-sized, other than that its a great easy thing to build, and revive all the threads you want, some people have an issue with that, if it wasn't meant to be revived the creater of the program would have made it so it couldnt be revived :)

Latest posts

Back