Brett bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhay_x7

Reaction score
I brewed a Brett farmhouse ale using the Brett farmhouse strain from ECY. It finished at 1.004 so I Kegged the beer (did not carbonate) and planned to add priming sugar to the keg and then bottle the beer. I do not have a bottling bucket so I use a keg and makeshift bottling gun to bottle my beer.

Work has been hectic and we went on vacation so the beer has been sitting in the keg for 3 weeks at room temp. I checked the keg tonight and a good bit of CO2 came out when I hit the relief valve. Sure enough, it is partially carbonated, possibly around 1.5 volumes judging the appearance. Gravity reading is still at 1.004.

My question is should I shake the co2 out of solution before adding priming sugar? I am going to bottle into heavy champagne type bottles; I want to bottle condition the beer at least 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Correction, it's at 1.002. Just took another sample so it dropped a few gravity points since 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back