Best place to buy used ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgeary76

Reaction score
About to purchase 2 more kegs for my keezer in the works. Looking for the best deal I can get for used 5 gal ball lock kegs. My local Homebrew shop sells them for $73 and Midwest supplies is out of stock. I have checked on CL and can never find any. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Adventures in Homebrewing has some. I just received two that I ordered. They wer listed as "may have loose top or bottom rubber pieces" or something to that effect but the ones I got were not damaged in any way. I also think the listing said they weren't cleaned, but I clean new kegs no matter where I get them from so that wasn't a big deal. At $40 each, I couldn't be happier.

Corny keg site has used ball locks. You can get 2 coke cornys shorter and a little wider for $87 or 1 Pepsi keg for around $60. The site is cornkeg.Com

I can usually find some on C-list in my area (Northern Cal) if I just wait long enough. Prices are competitive with on-line suppliers. Shipping adds a lot to the cost so I just wait till I find a good deal nearby.

Kegconnection gets as much money from me as I can throw at them. If they're out, Adventures in Homebrewing gets my cash.

BrewHound71, I just ordered the 2 pack converted ball lock from Cornykeg.com. With shipping came out to $109.

BrewHound71, I just ordered the 2 pack converted ball lock from Cornykeg.com. With shipping came out to $109.

Sounds about right with shipping, ordered the same about 2 weeks ago. Kegs appear to be in pretty good shape, certainly not perfect but should do the job. They say on the site that they change o rings, clean and pressure test. I have no complaints with them. Might take a few days for them to ship but I'm happy with them.

Adventures in Home Brewing has the best prices by far on the internet, and cheap/fast shipping.

www.homebrewing.org

Keep searching CL though. Good things will pop up eventually. I just bought 2 ball locks, a dual reg, and a 5# tank for $60. Didn't even have to argue a price. Already sold the tank and reg for $60... so my kegs were free! Gotta check CL every day though...

http://www.mceverdistrib.com/#

I bought 6 from these guys a few months ago they were $40 a piece and they can fit 4 in a box I believe. I called them directly and got a bit better price than their ebay store. Shipping was only like $15 for the lot for me but I'm only a couple hours away from them...

If you can wait it out, Craigslist is your best bet I think. I was able to get 2 ball locks for $40 each.

Back