Anyone Into Vintage Dispensing Gear?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

processhead

Reaction score
I found this Cornelius Miracle Lever Control Faucet at the antique mall tonight.
It appears to be unused and includes the shank.

It looks like its all there. I am really tempted to test it out and install it in my bar as a working unit.

Even if it won't hold pressure I think it would make a great display piece.

20140925_212832.jpg

20140925_212941.jpg

Wow. That thing must be sublimely rare, because there's nearly zero information out on the webisphere about that model.

I'd definitely want to put that into service if possible. Get out the micrometer to measure all the o-rings, hold my nose and get an order into McMaster...

Cheers!

I sent an email and photo to Cornelius asking for any information they have on that faucet. Suspect that all the company reps with actual knowledge of that one have been dead a while.

Took it apart last night for cleaning and inspection and it is absolutely pristine inside. I don't think it's ever had a drop of beer through it. The gaskets are even in good shape, but I will probably be replacing them anyway.

The shank uses a standard tail piece and hex nut, so connecting it to my system will not be a problem.

New gaskets are installed. I pressure tested the faucet with a keg of water, liquid line, and gas last night. No leaks and dispenses great.

It's gonna get installed in the beer-wall tonight!

Must be wicked humid in Corn Country today.

I'm officially jealous of something...

Cheers! :)

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the sweat-line on the Old Veteran.

After I pulled that first cold draw through it, it fogged up immediately.

And yes, it is humid here today. 3 1/2 inches of rain yesterday. Standing water everywhere.

You have a mirror on the wall next to your taps? You pervert you, I like it!
With a tap like that I'd want to watch the pour from both sides too.

I brought my brother a vintage shank and faucet for his keezer. Just need to build a collar for the ancient chest freezer and it'll be back in service (hopefully).

1412355516950.jpg

1412355542209.jpg

That's an interesting design.

It almost makes me think "beer-engine", with that full length control handle!

You have a mirror on the wall next to your taps? You pervert you, I like it!
With a tap like that I'd want to watch the pour from both sides too.

Double your pleasure, double your fun!

I can pretend I have 6 flavors on tap instead of 3!:)

Today I spoke with a senior employee with Cornelius Corporation who had been with the company 40+ years.

She said she had never seen a Miracle Beer Faucet before, but guessimated that this would have been marketed in the 1930's or 40's.

Back