Another simple Kegerator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalBrewing

Reaction score
I put in another keg in my kegerator today. Since it took me so long to get the bugs worked out the first time, the fridge got cooled to 40 degrees in a step down fashion. Now that I have thrown the other keg in it, I have just allowed it to run until it gets to the desired temperature.

Its at about 57 degrees at the moment, and cooling at about 1 degree per 20 minutes. Do you guys just allow your fridges to run untils cooled to the desired temp, or do you unplug them every so often to allow the compressor to cool off?

Thanks for your time.

Mine is a full size fridge and I just have it set to something on the 1-10 dial, I'll take a look...

2, with 1 being the warmest. Mine doesn't stay on even when a warm keg goes in. It will cycle on and off, so I guess i'm not that much help...:eek:

set it and forget it!!! if she blowes buy another and do the same!!!
you dont want a bunch of crap around you have to babysit!!
JJ

Jaybird said:
you dont want a bunch of crap around you have to babysit!!
JJ

Yeah exactly. Well I got lucky and got this fridge brand new for free, so if it pops, screw it.

I just put the kegs in, and don't think twice about it. My 4911 is whisper quiet, I'm not even aware of it cycling. It's unmodified, with just the stock temperature control system. Works fine, and the temperature inside remains between 36° and 39°F. Ten gallons of beer is a pretty stable load, and once it's chilled the fridge should maintain the temperature with little effort.

I actually bought and wired up a Ranco controller, but I've decided the 4911 does just fine without it. Eventually I plan to get a small freezer for lagering, and I'll put the Ranco to use then.

Back