Swmbo success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phug

Reaction score
Swmbo finally tried a few of my ciders today and found one she liked.

Batch 003

1 can No Name ajc
4 tbsp table sugar
4 litres Allen's 100 % apple juice from concentrate with vitamin c
S-04

Sg 1.058

Bottled at 1.014

Cooler pasteurized at 1.012-1.011

She Popped open a 750 ml swing top and the champagne pop surprised her and a little bit of fizz came out the top. The bottle was at cellar temp, so I imagine it would have been fine if it had been chilled. A big hit and will be my first repeat recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I like your numbering, start at 001, give you plenty of room for more recipes and easy to organize, important when you get up to the 900s. WVMJ

I got mine so into apfelweins she now makes them on her own. Just bottled 6G. Also making her own wines, a Sauvignon Blanc, a Temperanillo, and just ordered a Chardonay.

When the "girls night" crowd sees your alcohol making as a good thing, life gets better!!!

So now she's funding some juice runs on the condition that I make her some more of that batch, so this batch is being redone and is batch 014 if I recall correctly but I could be wrong because batches 013-018 are sitting side by side fermenting right now.

And to think she thought I was being silly when she saw me put two zeros in front of the first one.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Have only done 2 so far.
First one,
5 gals Tree Top apple juice
4lbs of cane sugar
1lbs brown sugar
Red star 'corte de blanc' yeast
I didn't let ferment long enough (to impatient) was really yeasty, but drinkable when apple juice was added.
Second cider,
5 gals of Tree Top apple juice
1lbs dark brown sugar
1lbs light brown sugar
.5lbs golden brown sugar
corte' de blanc yeast.
Left in fermenter for 3 weeks
Racked to secondary and added gelatin to clear, 1 week, then bottled
Tried after 2 weeks.
My wife thinks it tastes like the Angry Orchard, but needs to age more. She says it tastes "a little green still"

Back