ISO Graff Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digdan

Reaction score
Apple Season!

I live by a city that is nothing but large orchards, that specialize in all types of fruit, but as every year I love to concentrate on apples. They grow like mad out here, but never really large enough for the hand eating type.

This means we get a giant "milk-style" transport truck pumping gallons for every man woman and child that request it. Its super cheap this time of year and the taste is an extremely pleasant blend!

But I'm done with my apple wines(3rd year), I'm looking for something new! I'm thinking Graff.

Could someone give me a very detailed recipe for freshly squeezed apple cider into Graff? I've done some reading, and got a lot of good points from a lot of people, but I would really like it if I could get just one solid recipe.

I'm mostly interested on what kind of hops to use, and in what quantity. I still have a lot of Cascades from last harvest, but I don't know how they would play in with the flavor. Yeast is also important, since I ussually only stock wine yeasts and I know that good Graffs require a clean Ale yeast.

Thanks!

I have been playing with BrandonO's recipe. It is oneofthe ones with 6 million responses probably on page one in this section. In fact, I'll go bump it to the top mow with my latest observations.

Back