Home Draft test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RukusDM

Reaction score
Has anyone tryed using one of those Coors Light Home Draft party kegs to keg up cider?

I watched a few videos on youtube where folks were reusing these to put their Home Brew into. Kind of a getto version of a real keg system. Apparently you can change out the CO2 cartriges with standard Pellet Gun CO2 cartriges.

It might be worth a shot at keg carbing some cider. One guy put his home brew in it with priming sugar and let it go for a week. He then unscrewed the Tap to let some pressure off, he then installed a new CO2 catridge and off he went.

I'm gonna pick one up on the way home. They're like $18 for 1.5 Gallons. Anyone here willing to drink the Coors Light ;) Maybe I can pawn it off on my daughter and her friends.

Do NOT use CO2 containers manufactured for use in air guns. There is a post by someone who tested side by side with the "genuine innovations" cartridges and the air gun ones had a "smell" that they imparted to his beverage.

Do NOT use CO2 containers manufactured for use in air guns. There is a post by someone who tested side by side with the "genuine innovations" cartridges and the air gun ones had a "smell" that they imparted to his beverage.

Thanks Clifton...I found some food grade co2 cartridges.

I used mine for a Grand Cru that I took to my parents house for thanksgiving. It's awesome how convenient these are to fill from the keg and take homebrew on the road.

Out of curiosity, what food grade co2 cartridges are you using? I've got a tap-a-draft and the co2 cartridges I'm getting from Austin Homebrew seem to have this nasty burnt smell to them after they've been used. It might all be in my head but I feel like lately I'm starting to detect this smell in the beer itself :(

I bought a pack of these when I was working in HVAC. I don't know if I'll go that route when I have to buy more or not. I have not noticed any off smells or flavors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I paid about $15 for the 12 pack. I was working for a HVAC wholesaler at the time. Neomantra asked what I used. So I answered the question. I would not pay the price Amazon is asking, if I buy the same carts again I'll see if I can still get a good deal at my previous employer.

Back