Bottle problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxfactor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone so I bottled a batch of cider a little over a week ago ... Bottled two pet bottles and 36 grolsch bottles and two 500 lm grolsch style bottles all but the last two carbonated properly .. Any tips or tricks pictures at bottom of the bottles that didn't work ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406599403.690426.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1406599447.182007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

More priming sugar won't help if the problem is that the tops aren't as strong. If that's the problem, there isn't really a solution other then replacing the swing tops and/or the seals.

If the bottles that failed are a larger volume, it may be a case of that the large bottles needed more time to carb up. Also, when you put in your priming sugar, did you stir it into the cider in your bottling bucket, or at least give an hour or so to disolve consistently into the cider? If not, it could be that some of the bottles have more priming sugar than the others. That's about all I can think of.

Back