Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Dill mead

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Goofynewfie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Dill mead

It sounds interesting , has it been done? I'm not sure how this would taste left a little sweet. I know.... A cucumber dill mead. Thoughtd?

You cant always be young but you can always be immature

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
fatbloke
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofynewfie View Post
It sounds interesting , has it been done? I'm not sure how this would taste left a little sweet. I know.... A cucumber dill mead. Thoughtd?
Whatever presses your buttons eh!

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

Oh, and here's some blog stuff!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
Goofynewfie
Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 177 Posts

Ive heard a few people say cucumber mead is good so I wonder if it would be as simple to make a cucumber melomel and then add some fresh dill afterward and leave it soak for a few days or even weeks to get the desired strength.
I may have to get the cucumber recipe from creamy and do a small test batch, although as I type this in my head I keep hearing a warning buzzer and the words "okra mead"

You cant always be young but you can always be immature

Old 09-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
fatbloke
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofynewfie View Post
Ive heard a few people say cucumber mead is good so I wonder if it would be as simple to make a cucumber melomel and then add some fresh dill afterward and leave it soak for a few days or even weeks to get the desired strength.
I may have to get the cucumber recipe from creamy and do a small test batch, although as I type this in my head I keep hearing a warning buzzer and the words "okra mead"
The dill bit shouldn't be a problem but getting the cucumber flavour across, would, IMO, be quite hard work.

Maybe something like juicing cucumber in a machine might be worthy of some thought and consideration.....

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away". Tom Waits.

Oh, and here's some blog stuff!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Arpolis
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I did a cucumber mead a long time ago. I still have the same batch sitting in my kitchen with several cucumber slices pickled in it now. IT IS TERRIBLE! Lol, I used a little mint and lime in it and the cucumber was all juiced. It never tasted right to me and just drinking it is hard. I may have done something wrong but if I replaced the cucber with cider or any other fruit/berry juice I bet it would have been fine. So take my words with a grain of salt but here is the thread on that mead:

cool cucumber mead

Maybe you can read what I did and not do that.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Quick Reply