Air Space Before Air Lock - Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidsale

Reaction score
Apricot Mead. Have not checked OG yet. Three gallon carboy, first rack coming up. How much airspace should I allow for between liquid and the airlock assembly? I have noted that some say 'top off' between rackings. I keep my beer as close as I can per recipe when racking but do not add anything to top off. Is Mead the same? So far - looks, smells, and tastes pretty amazing.

Apricot Mead. Have not checked OG yet. Three gallon carboy, first rack coming up. How much airspace should I allow for between liquid and the airlock assembly? I have noted that some say 'top off' between rackings. I keep my beer as close as I can per recipe when racking but do not add anything to top off. Is Mead the same? So far - looks, smells, and tastes pretty amazing.

You want to have the mead reach the smallest opening of the carboy- a couple of inches below the bung.

Latest posts

Back