New Brewer in Durham, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome neighbor! There's lots of local people on here with lots of great info. Search for the GRABASS threads, there's actually a brewery tour on Sat. in Raleigh.

Thanks! I'm working all day on Saturday, but I'm gonna try my best to make it over to Triangle Brewing Company for their tour next weekend.

You involved with TRUB at all? I thought about going tonight, but figure I'll hold off until I can talk the talk a little more

I haven't really latched up with any clubs, but there is a group of us (GRABASS) who get together and brew sometimes.

Welcome aboard! I am another new brewer here in Durham, and I really appreciate the info around this site.

toppoppa said:
Glad to see we have a few NC folks on here.

You need to make it to this event if you've never been. I hear its a lot of fun. I am making it a point to go this year

http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbfraleigh/

I had to sell my tix last year, but I'll be going this year. The Durham one is excellent as well. They'll be a bunch of us from the HBT meeting up there.

Welcome! I live in N. Durham county. Brewed my first batch at the end of last year. This is a great place to spend some time especially when first starting out.

I went to the WBF last fall here in Durham. I had been tailgating all day for the Wake/Duke game, so it was a pretty drunken day and I really enjoyed myself.

That had to be one heck of a day then. Tailgate then head down for tons of samples. What did you brew on your first batch?

Welcome to HBT. As you've no doubt noticed there are a lot of NC brewers on here, many from the Triangle. It's a good place to hang out.

Chad

Will be brewing a basic American Wheat Ale for my first one, so I can focus on getting the process down. Planning on doing it on Wednesday since I have that day off from work.

Back