Lifting a glass to you from CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleFluffy

Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm a fairly recent convert, but am diving in at the deep end somewhat on the basis that the faster I make mistakes the faster I learn ... Most brews have come out well so far, and the ones that didn't taught me a lot.

My personal nanobrewery is named "Mischief Brewing" after a kitten we adopted around the time I got started.

Here's a photo of Mischief with her Brewery:

showphoto.php

Currently have a porter and an 80/- in primary, ESB and cream ale in sec.

Up in the wet half - I'm in San Francisco.

Born in the UK, but have been here 10 years now and consider it home. The weather's better, and I still milk the accent for all it's worth :)

@RichBrewer:

Top three would be (in no particular order)

- The very first pale ale from the Coopers all-in-one kit my girlfriend bought me that got me started. Nothing special now, but at the time it was an eye-opener.

- Port O' Palmer from How To Brew, my second brew ever. I've just started another one off, and I have a bottle left from the first batch to compare with and see how my skills have improved.

- Mischief's Bloody Stupid IPA, the first one where I wrote the recipe rather than used someone elses. Turned out very tasty indeed, very hoppy but a lot of retained sugar to balance it. Complete accident, and I lost the original recipe somewhere along the way. Oh well...

I'm still at the stage where "best" is determined by "how much did I learn doing this batch". Fortunately I have enough space to have 6 on the go at once and a collection of thirsty friends to help with the disposal problem.

@fusion94:

which part of town? do you frequent SF Brewcraft at all?

@mrkristofo: Thankyou

@beardguy: all over the place (moved around a hell of a lot), but born in Lincolnshire.

@fusion94: no, I avoid anything that I can't deal with in batch mode. You're across the park from me - I'm on 16th near Cabrillo. About four short blocks walk from the brew shop. (Yay!)

UncleFluffy said:
@fusion94: no, I avoid anything that I can't deal with in batch mode. You're across the park from me - I'm on 16th near Cabrillo. About four short blocks walk from the brew shop. (Yay!)

yeah my sister-in-law is one block from Brewcraft....my SWMBO wonders why i have a sudden interest in going over there to visit her.

@BakerStreetBeers: Hello neighbour

@BlindLemonLars: Thanks. When I first moved over to the US one of my biggest worries was "am I going to have to drink Budweiser for the rest of my life?". Fortunately, I discovered that there are good beers on this side of the pond as well.

I just bought 20 corny kegs and am on a mission to fill them with good beer to give away to random thirsty strangers at Burning Man this year. Wish me luck...

Back