Hello from Sioux Falls, SD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psylocide

Ippons for Days
Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself as I'll be poking around here quite a bit and posting once in awhile.

Huge "craft beer" and homebrew fan... parents quit drinking about 3 years ago and Dad wanted all of his brewing stuff out of the basement, he was either going to sell or give to someone.

I volunteered. I've watched my Dad brew countless times, and have my first batch going, an altered version of Coopers Irish Stout.

I've got a wife and a 20 month old daughter who keep me busy and my favorite beer right now is a toss-up between Odell's Mountain Standard, Big Sky's Ivan the Terrible, Gandy Dancer's Bindle Stiff, and Sierra Nevada's Narwhal. Lucky Bucket's Certified Evil is pretty amazing as well, but falls short of my top 4.

I'm big into canoeing, hunting, shooting, archery, restoring my '83 Olds Delta 88, bombing around off-road in my 98 4runner and just generally being awesome.

Nice to meet you all... cheers.

Welcome! You've come to the right place - lots of helpful folks around here.

And I've spent some time in your fair city too! I'd usually stop there on my way up to visit family in Aberdeen. Cheers!

Welcome! The wife and I did the grand tour of the U.S. this spring and spent a couple of days in Sioux Falls. Nice place. Monk's House of Ale Repute is one of the best brewpubs I've been to. I have a Gandy Dancer growler on my bookshelf as I type.

Welcome! The wife and I did the grand tour of the U.S. this spring and spent a couple of days in Sioux Falls. Nice place. Monk's House of Ale Repute is one of the best brewpubs I've been to. I have a Gandy Dancer growler on my bookshelf as I type.

Good to hear... Monk's is my favorite place around here obviously. What brew did you end up getting? The Bindlestiff is just amazing.

Good to hear... Monk's is my favorite place around here obviously. What brew did you end up getting? The Bindlestiff is just amazing.

I can't remember the names. The first one was a bourbon barrel aged something or other, very malty, lots of wonderful bourbon nose and flavor. One of my favorite beers of all time:

GandyDancer1.jpg

There were a few more, all good, and then I took a growler of an English Pale Ale home with me. Excellent.

GandyDnacer2.jpg

Back