Halo from Kimberley, South Africa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FransReichert

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to the forum,admin.

I am a complete novice, I like craft-beer, and would like to gather some more information & make new friends.

I am a refrigeration technician by trade and own my own business, specializing in air-conditioning & refrigeration & ventilation.

I also have a small ice factory were we manufacture & distribute ice to Pubs and supermarkets, The factory have a capacity of up to 12 tons of ice per day.
I have recently started brewing ginger beer that we distribute together with the ice to Taverns in the townships. So far we stand on 300l of ginger beer per week, my potential without buying new tanks are 2000 liter per week.

Than there are the biggest passion (runing close to the love for beer) of my life, I am in a partnership with my cousin, in a Safari bussines ( http://www.diamondtours.co.za ) I just love nature and are very passionate about the beauty of Southern Africa, and showing it to other people.

Getting back to craft beer, In South Africa, it is still very small, for instance here in the Northern Cape, (which happen to be the hottest province in South Africa), there are no craft beer brewery. I have visited some craft beer breweries in other provinces and it have triggers the will to start up a brewery in the Northern Cape.

So I hope to learn a lot from you guys. :mug:

Welcome. It sounds like you have a lot going on, but one can always make time to brew. Good luck to you. I hope you enjoy making great beer!

Welcome to HBT..
sounds like your a busy guy.

Welcome. It sounds like you have a lot going on, but one can always make time to brew. Good luck to you. I hope you enjoy making great beer!

:)Guys, guys, guys:) say after me "delegate"

Remember in Africa labor are not that expensive, so we can make use of a lot of laborers to help ease the work load.

Thanks for the welcome. :mug:

Welcome to the forum. Just took a look at the link for Diamond Tour Unlimited. It looks pretty awesome, especially the fly fishing part.

Welcome to the forum. Just took a look at the link for Diamond Tour Unlimited. It looks pretty awesome, especially the fly fishing part.

Thanks Mr. O. Yes we have the "big mouth yellow fish here in the Vaal River (directly translated it mean fading River) and the Riet river (meaning reeds river)
The fly fishing people come from far to get a "Yellow" on the hook.

Welkom Frans! Glad to see some more South Africans on here. Home brewing is really starting to pick up in SA.

Welkom Frans! Glad to see some more South Africans on here. Home brewing is really starting to pick up in SA.

Baie dankie Jaap! Nou het ons die Yanks aan die wonder as ons afrikaans praat:D Yes the craft beer industry are getting of the ground now, I see in Johannesburg there are a lot of clubs and meetings, each month. I want to join them once or twice to get some first hand info on brewing. I have spoken to one guy (Vincent) and got some Coopers products from him, very helpful fella.:tank:

Back