Greetings from St. Augustine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbajista

Reaction score
I've posted quite a bit on the boards, but I never did post a formal introduction.

My LHBS is JustBrewIt in Jacksonville. I've only been there once, but holy cats it's a beautiful thing!

I actually haven't begun home brewing as of yet due to the last 3 years being dedicated to Nursing school. Now that I'm a new RN with a huge boost in our monthly income in the works, I hope to start indulging in this great hobby. My plan is to start with some Apfelwein because it looks so easy and tasty, and then gradually purchase the equipment to make beer.

How many guys do we have on the boards from Northeastern Florida?

I used to live in Jacksonville. Just checked out the Just Brew It site...glad to see that they finally have regular store hours. Business must be going well for him.

Walter, the GM, indicated that things were going well even with the economy. They used to sell micros and local brews, but apparently there wasn't enough of a market to keep up with the licensing fees. They have an AWESOME shop with excellent prices.

It's about time I get back up there to...um..."support my LHBS!" :drunk:

Been to just brew it a couple times. Walter can seem a little full of himself, but he's generally nice and helpful. I use to live in Jacksonville 14 years ago. Moved to MS and now live in Gainesville.

Welcome!

St. Augustine is one of my favorite areas... love the drive down the A1A through Ponte Vedra. I live in PA, but spent more than a few weekends down in N. Florida.

Welcome to HBT.

It is beautiful up here. We lived in Sebring, FL for a short time :drunk:, and it sure it refreshing to live in a town as beautiful and alive as St. Augustine!

It is beautiful up here. We lived in Sebring, FL for a short time :drunk:, and it sure it refreshing to live in a town as beautiful and alive as St. Augustine!

Small world, I grew up in Avon Park and moved to Orlando after high school. Me and my wife just moved to Jax about 3 months ago for a new job. So far I really like the area. I've been meaning to check out just brew it but haven't had a chance yet. Been brewing for about 6 months but now with this new job I have some extra money to spend on my hobby:mug:

Small world, I grew up in Avon Park and moved to Orlando after high school. Me and my wife just moved to Jax about 3 months ago for a new job. So far I really like the area. I've been meaning to check out just brew it but haven't had a chance yet. Been brewing for about 6 months but now with this new job I have some extra money to spend on my hobby:mug:

I think that JBI is great, but it's the only LHBS I've been to. They have a lot of equipment, and even used to sell micros although the overhead was high and turnover low, so that was canned. They can be kinda pricey compared to an online HBS, as in a packet of Montrachet for $1.50, pre-hopped quick-boil canned extract kits for $40, etc.

Must have been a culture shock coming from AP>Orlando>Jax. I know coming from Sebring to St. A was a major improvement for myself and my wife. We love it here!

Howdy! Near Gainesville, here, but we get over to St. Augustine pretty often. Usually have a decent beer at The A1A Aleworks (chance to use my AHA discount, anyway).

How much of a discount do they offer?

The only beer I have had that they offer is their King Street Light which was served at my wedding reception. What a crisp, refreshing beer. Quite the session brew as well, at around 3.2%. I was asked by a few guests as to how they could drink so much and still feel normal. Great choice, Pops-in-law! :drunk:

Welp I guess I found what I was looking for!
YEAH I'm not the only home-brewer in JAX.

Moved here from NKY, and now that I've FINALLY found a job in this #$R@W$% economy I'll be able to start brewing again. YAY for brewing.

Never have been to Just Brew It, but according to you guys it sounds promising.

Anybody interested in doing a brew-weekend if/when it decides to come down to normal human levels of temperature?

I don't have high-hopes for the "winter" here. Seems like it'll be early fall at best. OH WELL such is life in the sunshine state.

Back