Debt Free Celebrations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDunagans

Reaction score
I learned to brew to celebrate being debt free! My wife and I paid off $42,000 of debt in less than 3 years just in time for the arrival of our second child.

I'm mostly here to learn about brewing good beer, but I have tried my hand at cider and am interested in making wine eventually.

So far I've brewed some tasty stuff from kits. And I hope to brew a beer that I'm proud of and my wife likes too.

Congrats obeing debt free. Its probably been a long struggle by well worth it in the end. I have far too many years to go myself (damn student loans and being unemployed) but I hope to be there someday.

Welcome!- long time since the AC days! David and I brewed last night, you are welcome to join us anytime for a brew session.

I remember being thrilled when I sent in my last payment for my student loans. Now I just have my car (paid off in July) and my house (paid off in 30 years haha)

Debt free is a great feeling. We are debt free except for our home, but I have been making extra principal payments each month since we bought the house in 07.
Being debt free allowed us to survive my wife being laid off for 6 months (and the 70% reduction in household income that came with it), without a hitch.

Congrats!

When my Wife and i got married this last January we had about $50,000 in debt (my student loans, her car, my car, our wedding rings, and a bit from credit cards). Right now all we've got left is $16,000 in student loans to pay off and that will hopefully be gone in about 8 months! At that point we hope to start our family as well.
Welcome! Debt free (aside from a mortgage) is pretty cool.

Back