Crazy rummage beer machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and to brewing beer. It all started when I found a "beer machine" at a rummage sale for $0.50 first batch with it and never used by the way . I've always wanted to brew beer and for 1/2 a dollar it was not much of a risk.
I got home and cleaned up it up. Then I noticed it was missing a clip to hold the top and bottom together. So I called up my local brew store and long story short I left with $90.00 in beer making supplies and my new first batch of extract brewing ingredents. I made both baches The extract turned out great and the beer machine blew up making quite the mess.
Eight extract batches later I am now looking at 5-10 gal batch all grain brewing. Any advice would be great. I plan on building a sweet set up during this winter to have ready by spring. On an off note if any of you see Charlie Papazian make sure and shake that mans hand. My new complete joy of home brewing book rocks!!!

Nick

Welcome to the forum, Nick. Sounds like you're off to a great start, beer machine disaster and all. Brewing is a great pastime, and one that rewards us for all our love and labor.

Good to have you aboard!

Your first lesson in home brewing is one to remember - what seems to be a small investment of 50 cents, quickly turns into a healthy investment of $90. Welcome.

67coupe390 said:
So I called up my local brew store and long story short I left with $90.00 in beer making supplies
They spray something in the air in home brew shops that make you want to spend. I don't know how many times I've gone in for a 3 or 4 dollar item and walk out having spent 30 or 40 dollars.
67coupe390 said:
On an off note if any of you see Charlie Papazian make sure and shake that mans hand. My new complete joy of home brewing book rocks!!!

Nick
I would certainly like to shake Papazian's hand.
I read Charlie's book and that is what started my obsession. I didn't even know you could home brew beer before a friend let me borrow The Complete Joy of Home Brewing. Within 3 days of reading it I had my first batch in the fermenter.
It wasn't just the information in the book that hooked me. His enthusiasm really got my attention. The book isn't perfect and he has some out dated procedures in it but it is still by far my favorite home brewing book. I went out and bought the latest version because my original has been used so much that it is falling apart.

Latest posts

Back