has anyone bought this Temp control? non stc-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
This isn't the stc-1000 or whatever the famous model is. It looks similar and it is a heat/ control temp unit. looks like the one everyone builds, but has different connectors. and button poss.

I accidentally bought this one thinking it was the stc-1000. now that I have it I dont think its worth returning it, just need to build it.

102_1023.jpg

102_1024.jpg

102_1029.jpg

Any wiring suggestions? The instructions are weird, But the writing on the unit itself is in Korean!

The ntc is the temp guage wire. I believe. where would the ground be? The 110v is in the middle of the two wire diagram! not the best inst. so If anyone has this one any suggestions would be helpful:)

i have this controller, but i only use it for my keezer so im not sure about the heating, it works decent though, bin using it for a year

but it woild be awesome to get a diagram to use this for heating though, so i could use it to control my HERMS instead of unhooking my STC 1000 from my fermenting chamber everytime. Anyone use this and have a diagram?

i have this controller, but i only use it for my keezer so im not sure about the heating, it works decent though, bin using it for a year

but it woild be awesome to get a diagram to use this for heating though, so i could use it to control my HERMS instead of unhooking my STC 1000 from my fermenting chamber everytime. Anyone use this and have a diagram?
It would just need to be put into heat mode from the front panel.

Thanks for all the input, I should be able to figure it out from here. all wires are cut and stripped, now just plug and play!

not so easy i guess! I got the unit to power on flshes "LLL" but no power to the outlet. I must have missed something one of ya said. I sent the black and white to the silver side of the plug and broke the divider that divides it. per another posting. What did I do wrong?

Do this. Put your power to 3 and 4, nothing else plugged in. See if it comes on. If it does, then unplug it and plug the temp probe into the NTC. See what it does. If it doesnt read then remove the NTC and swap the wires and put them back. See if that works. If still nothing its bad. My Whillhi never worked right out of the box. Waited 3 weeks for it. Paid $22 on amazon and got the 1000 the next day. works perfect..... PERFECT!

not so easy i guess! I got the unit to power on flshes "LLL" but no power to the outlet.....
???? What does this mean?

.......I sent the black and white to the silver side of the plug and broke the divider that divides it. per another posting. What did I do wrong?
The diagram in post #2/#3 in this thread is correct: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/help-needed-337318/. What you did wrong is wired the receptacle incorrectly. The receptacle should have neutral/white connected to one of the silver screws and hot/black to one of the brass screws. Also connect the ground to the green screw of the receptacle. I further recommend that all of this be plugged into a gfci protected circuit/receptacle.

Back