Brewtus 10 kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hepkat701

Reaction score
So I am thinking of selling stainless steel Brewtus Ten kits. All the steel pre cut and ready to weld. Based on the prices I can buy the steel at I should be able to sell the kits for around $250.00 . Do you think many brewers would buy at that price point?

SoonerDoc said:
How much would it weight/cost to ship?

Im still working out the details for shipping. Will know in the next week or so. Im guessing 50-80 dollars to ship.

I think your customer base sharply declines as a "weld your own" kit. I would venture to say a lot of home brewers:

A) Aren't ready to drop $250 on a set up yet

B) and the ones that are may not posses the skills to weld it together.

If your just doing this to be nice, that is one thing. I don't see you ramping up production enough to make this a profitable business.

That's just my .02.

Solve the additional step of having to "weld your own" and you could have something.

How about pre-cut and ready to bolt together ... kinda like Ikea furniture. If most of us could weld, we wouldn't have the need for the kit.

weldless would be a good option as well, and fun!
regular steel would be great as well, because the people that "hobby weld" don't have the resources to weld stainless. like myself for example... i can weld, i have a welder, but wont touch stainless.

best of luck! and for $250, there is a very large possiblity i'd drop the cash on it, if it was normal steel and it was cut with 45s

Rivenin said:
weldless would be a good option as well, and fun!
regular steel would be great as well, because the people that "hobby weld" don't have the resources to weld stainless. like myself for example... i can weld, i have a welder, but wont touch stainless.

best of luck! and for $250, there is a very large possiblity i'd drop the cash on it, if it was normal steel and it was cut with 45s

I'm working on buying a saw that is made for cutting stainless used for ornamental applications like railings. It cuts like a wet saw and makes perfect cuts no discoloration and perfect 45's. Might make a bolt together kit. The idea was to make it easy to acquire all the steel and not have to worry about cutting it and most importantly cheap. Would be more like a hobby to make these not to replace my career.

The best way to build a weldless option would be to sleeve all the joints and stainless hardware to bolt it all together.

Your labor would come in building the sleeves, drilling and pre assembling for proper fitting, then break down and packaging.

Or look for a place like this that has good bulk pricing on pre made sleeves.
stainless_steel_square_tube_joint.jpg

If you can do all that and keep a good price point you could have some success!

Good Luck!

The best way to build a weldless option would be to sleeve all the joints and stainless hardware to bolt it all together.

Your labor would come in building the sleeves, drilling and pre assembling for proper fitting, then break down and packaging.

Or look for a place like this that has good bulk pricing on pre made sleeves.
stainless_steel_square_tube_joint.jpg

If you can do all that and keep a good price point you could have some success!

Good Luck!
Oooh, that would be neat! Can I also throw out that it would be really handy if this unit was easy to break down or fold up for storage? I'd love to keep a 2 tier unit around, but I really don't have room to store it fully assembled. If I could easily break it down and store it flat (as I'm assuming you'd be shipping it) that would be amazing.

Yes, I would pay more that $250 for the ability to store it flat.

Gotta agree and say that I wouldn't be inclined to purchase one if I had to weld it together, as I can't weld. However, if it bolted together, I'd be much more interested.

Yeah, I'd probably buy it too. I'm tired of building things and buying tools that I only use once. Does Lonnie Mac own the rights to that name and/or the rights to the design? I'm pretty sure the plans that you buy from BYO are copyrighted.

Im still working out the details for shipping. Will know in the next week or so. Im guessing 50-80 dollars to ship.

Any update on shipping costs?

I'd likely be interested for a weld yourself kit or a bolt together this spring after I pay my tuition pending shipping prices.

Progress is at stand still. Hoping to get moving on this soon. I did find a stainless supplier and I am in the process of setting up a website. I will update you all when I get the ball rolling. I think i may offer the kits both ways. SWMBO is pregnant.... again.....so progress has been a bit slow.

Back