Updates to kegerator / mancave

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhausen83

Reaction score
I got sick of having to clean the floor so I ordered a drip tray from NB. Also painted the top half in rustoleum chalk board paint, im pretty happy with the results and its easy to identify and change beers. I love amazon recommendations, after all my beer related searches it came up with this sign and I had to buy it.

image-2882067427.jpg

image-2368418978.jpg

Looks great, nice work on the chalkboard top ... How do you like that drip tray from Northern Brewer? Is it the 10- or 14-inch tray? How's the finish/welds? I'm considering their 10-inch tray ...

The ipa is a mini mash kit. The folks who wrote the clonebrews book own a shop in CT, got the kit from them.

The drip tray is the 14incher. Works perfect with 4 taps. It appears to be very well made, and there are few welded joints. Its mounts with three screws making it sturdy for this application. NB doesn't make them, theres a small logo that says "krome dispense"

For the chalk paint i very lightly scraped and sanded any imperfections. Cleaned thoroughly with a degreaser. Two coat of kilz brand primer. ( i was worried about adhesion to a metal surface). 3 coats of paint applied with foam brush/ roller. This was because you are painting black over the bright white primer.

You must follow the directions for priming the surface with chalk before using otherwise you can ruin the finish.

Back