Something good for the lady friend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRStallings87

Reaction score
Hey guys I need a recipe for a wine that sweet, high in Alcohol and relatively quick. Possibly a blueberry or a strawberry.

Hey guys I need a recipe for a wine that sweet, high in Alcohol and relatively quick. Possibly a blueberry or a strawberry.

Can't happen.

If you want sweet and quick, that you can do. High alcohol and sweet, that you can do. But high alcohol, swee,t and quick- No.

If you need high alcohol, sweet and quick, buy some fruit punch and add two shots of Everclear.

Maybe we're on the wrong page about the quickness. When I said quickness I meant like a month or two or three

The "mist" style kits can do a fairly high ABV and can be sickly sweet (at least to me).

They can also be ready in a few months.

Bacardi 151 and grape juice; aka "Autumn Leaves" ... two drinks you turn colors and fall down.
("Nahhh, it doesn't have much alcohol in it.")

1 gallon apple juice (get the stuff without preservatives)
1 lb sugar (I used brown)

Your choice of yeast. Use something with a high alcohol tolerance, it's sure got enough sugar. Makes a little over a gallon because of the sugar volume.

I credit my brother with this recipe. He's got two batches cold crashed in gallon carboys. In two or three weeks it tasted something like [nationally branded sparkling cider everybody buys around thanksgiving? can i mention that here?] and was approaching 8%abv.

RE: quick versus abv.. the longer you can let it sit the more alcoholic it will get.. there's a limit to this but you won't hit it if you're not gonna put it away to age :)

Back