Question about raspberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie69

Reaction score
I just picked 8 lbs of wild red raspberries,I made the rookie mistake of putting them all in a big bucket and the ended up smashed.I just put them in bags and put them in the freezer. How do I wash them without losing the juice(if possible) what are the risks if I don't wash them?

Unless there are some bugs or pesticides on them I would not worry much. When you make your must though you should not pitch your yeast and make sure to use k-meta or Camden tablets to kill off wild yeast and other spoilage organisms. After 24 hours pitch your yeast and it should be fine.

Did you wash the ones you tasted out in the field? I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. WVMJ

I just picked 8 lbs of wild red raspberries,I made the rookie mistake of putting them all in a big bucket and the ended up smashed.I just put them in bags and put them in the freezer. How do I wash them without losing the juice(if possible) what are the risks if I don't wash them?

Did you wash the ones you tasted out in the field? I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. I never do and it hasnt every affected me. WVMJ

Now, see what's that done to you? :mug:

Back