Blackberry / muscadine wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
Recently I have been mixing Blackberry wine with red muscadine wine and I really like the end results. The mix was 25/75. I might go ahead and mix up 5 gallons of this.

My wife loves the blackberry wine that we did. I think it brings enough of the fruit juice taste/feel to a wine that makes it easy for her to drink. I don't have a source for "wild" grapes yet. But I plan on supplementing a blackberry mix with local grapes when I get a chance to mix up a batch

I do not have access to blackberries right now (will be planting some though). I just use Manischewitz Blackberry for the mix. I prefer it over Mogan David, and it is $3.47 / bottle at my local supermarket.

LHBS here has blackberry concentrate. And the wife would probably crucify me for 'wasting' good Manischewitz by mixing it with my wine ;)

What brand concentrate? I have been looking for 1/2 - 1 gallon of concentrate to make a batch of wine from.

Back